domingo, 26 de mayo de 2019


Post 7: SPORTS (leisure activities)

-Since this is a free post you have the chance of writing about current or past sports and/or  leisure  activities you have done.
-Most of us had physical education classes at school so If you don’t like the idea of doing any  sports please explain the reasons why in detail.
-If you have never had the chance of doing a sport before you can write about one you would  like to do in the future and state the reasons why it is appealing or interesting for you, please  write about it in full.
-If “sports” are not your “cup of tea”  think that we all have had leisure activities from the  simplest to the most peculiar ones so don’t be shy and share your experiences with the rest!

Remember:
  • organize your ideas well
  • express your opinions or experiences in a coherent way
  • your writing must have a guiding thread
  • divide your composition into paragraphs
  • Add some pictures

*Comments: leave a comment on my post + 3 of your classmates posts

*Word Count: 230 words

A friend of mine who had recently come back from her vacations in Europe told me that she was really surprised to see the large amount of people riding bicycles there. After some talking, she convinced me, very easily by the way, to start going biking.

First, we went up to the top of San Cristobal Hill for training every weekend and after we got used to that we decided to face a new challenge going up until Parque Mahuida.
Nevertheless, I was hungered for more therefore I start looking for bike groups until I found “Los Ciclistas Furiosos”.
I participated in many bike trips with them from Santiago to Lo Vazquez (round trip), and to San Antonio, Viña del Mar and Valparaiso (outward trips) full bicycling. Even though those were tiring sports experiences I accomplished them very well so my hunger for biking increased even more and I ended up being part of the “DRAKKARS” Team.
We weren’t that many but we were all really passionate about biking and since it was a mountain bike team I had the chance of knowing beautiful places in Santiago and other regions such as Quebrada de Macul, Aguas de Ramón, El Huinganal, Lagunillas, Embalse el Yeso, Cerro el Roble, Santuario Alto Huemul, among many others and of course competitions became part of my biker’s life. My favourite one was “Desafío Trek Subaru”, I participated 4 times and in spite of never wining a podium I can proudly say that I always improved my timing.
Nowadays, I’m practically retired from bicycling but a new sport is part of my life and it is Karate Wado. I have been doing it for a year and a half now and although it’s hard I don’t feel like giving up.

16 comentarios:

  1. I really like to ride a bike too!:)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I think being a cyclist it is a very exigent sport!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I think cylcling is one of the most difficult sports, but I also love it.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I also liked to ride a bike, but once I accidentally ran over a lady ... it was the last time, I rode a bicycle :(

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I don't have a bike :( but I would like ride a bike in San Cristobal Hill!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Wow I have heard about "Los Ciclistas Furiosos" before and I think it's cool that you have participated in that group!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Wow I have heard about "Los Ciclistas Furiosos" before and I think it's cool that you have participated in that group!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. A long time ago I want to buy a bike, it is a very efficient transportation method and helps the environment!

    ResponderEliminar
  9. I love bikes but also scares me a little, I always think that I'm going to die

    ResponderEliminar
  10. I had a bike when I was a child but I never learned to use it :(

    ResponderEliminar
  11. I don't have a bike, so want when my family go to make exercise i have to borrow for my mother

    ResponderEliminar
  12. How cool! I love cycling, only my mother does not like me riding a bicycle ... it's sad.

    ResponderEliminar
  13. cool, I see that you have been very passionate about the bicycle! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  14. OMG teacher! I dindn't know that you love biking! that's awesome

    ResponderEliminar
  15. If i could choose a sport to be good at it would be bicycles!

    ResponderEliminar
  16. I do not enjoy very much riding my bike if I can not party on it, I hope you could try it someday

    ResponderEliminar

Level 4 >> Post 10: English Language Challenges * What comments can you make about your experience learning English at universi...