lunes, 29 de abril de 2019

Post 4: MUSIC


·         Now you have the chance to write about your favourite music: singers/bands/music styles.
·         Tell us when and how was the first time that you hear their music.
·         Say why you ended up liking this music.
·       Demonstrate that you are a fan of their music.
·       Add any other piece of information you considered relevant
·         Remember:
ü  organize your ideas well
ü  express your opinions or experiences in a coherent way
ü  your writing must have a guiding thread
ü  divide your composition into paragraphs
·         Comments: leave a comment on my post and on 3 of your classmates posts
·         Word Count: 200 words

Today I’ll let you know about a “guilty pleasure” of mine; my favourite female latin singer “Ana Gabriel”
I remember that I was 13 years old the first time that I heard a song from her called “Simplemente Amigos”; actually I heard and watched it at the same time because I saw her video clip on my granny’s black & white TV.
I got immediately impressed by her powerful rough voice, her interpretation was full of emotion, every single word sung by her sounded so true; it was as if she had been sharing an episode of her life, maybe she was!!!
It is also interesting to highlight that she isn’t the prototype of beauty; some people would dare to say that she is ugly, but that made her even more appealing to me; a real Mexican woman singing her grief in such a peculiar way like no one did before, so true to herself.
   Here you can find her single "Simplemente Amigos"
After discovering her in 1989 I started to buy many of her albums in cassette format, like “Tierra De Nadie”, “Quien Como Tú”, “En Vivo” (here she sings “Hasta Que Te Conoci”); then when the CDs became popular I bought these same albums again in digital format and I added “30 Grandes Éxitos” to my collection. Finally, I started to get all her new singles on the Internet using eMule.
For many years it has been said that she is a lesbian and based on her latest statements given to the press I can say that most probably she is but I think maybe that’s is one of the many reasons why she is such a special artist and this makes me admire her even more.
If I had to make a “mea culpa” it would be that I have never seen her singing live. Shame on me!!!

17 comentarios:

  1. ooh teacher that great!!!. I must admit that thanks to the influence of my parents I also like many of their songs. ¡She is a great artist!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I think Ana Gabriel is i c o n i c !

    ResponderEliminar
  3. You have to see her singing live!! definitely

    ResponderEliminar
  4. My mom is also a fan of ana gabriel, I have the majority of their songs in my memory.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I never liked Ana Gabriel but I think that is so cool having cassettes!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. She is a very talented artist! Her voice is very beautiful and powerful :)

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I think I have not listened to her yet, but if that CD is still existing, maybe we could hear it in class

    ResponderEliminar
  8. I think that "Quién como tú" is the best song of Ana Gabriel, I love her too! see her singing live should be amazing.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. She is a great artist. I liked a lot her album covers

    ResponderEliminar
  10. You really look like a huge fan of Ana Gabriel!

    ResponderEliminar
  11. I think she is a very great and talented artist! "quien como tu" is a very very romantic song!

    ResponderEliminar
  12. I didn´t like the music of Ana Gabriel, but I think that her voice was incredible.

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Ana Gabriel is one of my favorites artist representing the old school, i think she is amazing

    ResponderEliminar
  14. always listen her music in a event of the family, is like a form of tradition

    ResponderEliminar
  15. I love her!!!, "Lunaaaaaa, tú que lo ves" jajaja

    ResponderEliminar
  16. It's great that she is not the prototype! that's what calls people's attention!

    ResponderEliminar
  17. I love listen this type of music when I clean my house jajaja

    ResponderEliminar

Level 4 >> Post 10: English Language Challenges * What comments can you make about your experience learning English at universi...